The Contract for a short-term holiday rental will be between Pine Chalets (referred to as “us”, “we” or “our”) and the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party (referred to as “you”, “your”, ” guest”, “guests”) in the following booking terms and conditions
The Contract will not come into force until we have received the Deposit referred to in the Clause below. The Contract will be subject to these booking terms and conditions and must be complied with. The party leader must be at least 28 years of age at the time of booking and before arrival, we must be provided with a full list containing the names and ages, and contact details of all guests.
DEPOSIT AND PAYMENT
- A deposit of £100.00 is required to secure a booking and the balance is due not less than 42 days before arrival.
- Where the booking is made less than 42 days before arrival, the full amount of the holiday is payable.
- Your booking may be placed over the telephone or directly on our website reservation system.
- Where your Booking is communicated to us by telephone, we will enter it into our online reservation system and card payment details can be taken. You will then be sent a full confirmation of your booking with us, either by email or a printed copy via Royal Mail.
- Where your booking is taken directly via our website an automatically generated summary will be sent by email to the email address you provide. (However, that does not mean that your Booking is yet confirmed or that a Contract is yet in force between us and you.)
- Your online booking will only be confirmed and our Contract will only come into force once we have received a payment, and a further email confirming your payment and booking summary with future balance payment links (if required) has been received by you from us.
- Bookings made through our online booking system are provisional until confirmed by us.
- If paying by bank transfer, the appropriate amount must be paid within three (3) days of the booking being placed, or the dates will be released and made available to others. Guests should advise us when a bank transfer has been made.
- A balance-due reminder will be sent to the email address you provided at the time of booking approximately Fifty (50) days before your holiday commencement date with a copy of your booking summary and a link for payment.
- It is ultimately your responsibility to pay the balance forty-two (42) days before arrival as agreed.
- We accept no liability for reminding you when payment is due.
CANCELLATION BY US FOR REASONS BEYOND OUR CONTROL (“FORCE MAJEURE”)
We won’t be deemed to be in breach of this Contract, or otherwise liable to you, by circumstances beyond our reasonable control (for example if access to and use of our property is prevented by fire, flood, exceptional weather conditions, destruction/damage, internet or other communications failure, blocked roads, war/terrorism, nuclear/radioactive disaster affecting us or our property) (these are sometimes referred to as “Force Majeure Events”)
If for any reason beyond our control, we are forced to cancel your Booking (or bring it to an end early) due to a Force Majeure Event affecting us or our property we will refund you the full amount of your remaining lodging costs based on the time of your booking remaining. This will be the full extent of our liability and no additional compensation, expenses, or costs (such as travel or replacement lodging costs) will be payable.
CANCELLATIONS MADE BY GUESTS
- All cancellations must be given in writing via email or Royal Mail.
- If a booking is cancelled and only a deposit has been received, there will be no refund. However, if we can re-let the property the deposit will be refunded minus an administration fee of £30.00.
- If a booking is cancelled and payment has been received in full, we will endeavour to re-let. If it is re-let, we will refund you in full minus a £30.00 administration and re-marketing fee.
- If we are unable to re-let there will be no refund.
- Where a booking is cancelled 6 weeks or less before the arrival date there will be no refund or exchange of dates.
- We strongly recommend that travel cancellation insurance is taken out by guests
PERIOD AND OTHER TERMS OF HIRE
- The period from the Holiday Commencement Date to the day of departure set out in the Booking (the “Holiday Departure Date”) is the “Holiday Period”.
- Unless arranged in advance in writing, you should not arrive before 4 pm on the Holiday Commencement Date, and you must leave and vacate the property by 10 am on the Holiday Departure Date.
- The Contract to stay in the property for the holiday period, does not create a Landlord and Tenant relationship between the parties. Guests undertake to use the holiday property solely for its purpose as holiday accommodation to which Section 12(2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply.
- This Contract relates to a “holiday let” the purpose of which is the right for you to occupy our property for a holiday on the booking dates only.
- Any persons other than members of your party stated on your booking form must not use our accommodation or facilities without prior permission.
- You may not sub-let the property.
- We reserve the right to refuse admittance or require you to leave our property if this condition is not observed. Under these circumstances, your booking will be void without a refund.
ELECTRIC CAR CHARGING AT PINE CHALETS
Charging electric cars via the chalet power points is strictly prohibited for the following reasons:
- Our insurance does not cover for this activity.
- Charging points are plentiful when you plan your journeys in advance.
- Helpful links for websites and apps for charging points throughout the Highlands and beyond
Anyone charging their vehicle from a chalet will have their holiday terminated immediately without refund
CARE OF OUR PROPERTY
- You are responsible for the property and are expected to take all reasonable care of its furniture and fittings and effects.
- You must leave them in the same state of repair, and a reasonably clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period.
- You must not use the properties for any dangerous, offensive, noxious, noisy, illegal, or immoral activities or carry on there any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to the owner or other neighbouring properties.
- Smoking is not allowed in any of our properties. An additional cleaning fee of £200 is payable to eliminate smoking odours. In serious cases, the guest will be liable for the next guests’ tariff if we deem the chalet inhabitable for incoming guests.
- BBQs are not permitted on the decking/verandas. Please use the stone picnic area or the fabulous BBQ hut.
- Fireworks and night Lanterns are strictly banned from the premises due to livestock and wildlife welfare.
DAMAGES & BREAKAGES
- You agree to reimburse us for replacement, repair, or extra cleaning costs on demand.
- Any damages or breakages will have to be paid for in full on demand within seven (7) days of notification in writing.
- This applies to larger items such as furniture, fittings, electrical equipment/appliances, or chalet structure
- (We do not charge for the odd glass or plate).
WIFI & INTERNET
- Free fast, reliable Wi-Fi and broadband internet are provided for your use.
- You agree to reasonable and lawful usage of this service.
- We will not be liable and no compensation will be payable for slow connections or any interruptions to or the failure of this service.
HEATING AND LIGHTING
All heating and lighting are included in the tariff. We strive to keep our prices reasonable and good value. Please help us to continue to do so by
- Setting heating at reasonable levels and tuning it down if you are going out for the day. (The chalets are compact and heat up quickly.)
- Please ensure that all lights are switched off when you are not in the chalet.
- Never leave the washing machine on when you are out.
RIGHT OF ENTRY
- We reserve the right to enter the property at a reasonable time with advance notice where possible for purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary/emergency repairs or maintenance.
- We reserve the right to enter the chalet to turn off lights that have been left on in the guests’ absence.
- We welcome dogs, and cats….in fact, any pets with prior permission when have they been booked in and paid for? (£25 per pet, per booking/per chalet). We allow a maximum of two per property depending on their size.
- Dogs and cats and any other free-roaming pet must be house-trained, kept under proper control, and not allowed on the furniture, (especially the beds)
- They can be left in the chalet with prior permission, providing that they are happy to be left alone somewhere new, not making a noise and will not damage the property.
- Pet hairs are to be removed from carpets regularly, especially before departure (Hoover and broom in hall cupboard)
- All pet waste must be collected and disposed of in the bin immediately.
- Owners will be held responsible for any damage caused to the property contents (We accept no liability for visible cables etc) or garden by their pet and for any extra cleaning required (Minimum £100).
- When out walking within the property grounds, you must ensure that they are kept under control.
- Pets are not allowed in the BBQ hut.
- We can recommend day kennels locally, that can look after your dog safely in the summer days when cars can become extremely hot. It is recommended that they are booked well in advance.
CARE OF YOUR PROPERTY
- Your vehicles and their accessories and contents, and any property and valuables you bring with you are entirely at your own risk.
- If you leave any property behind, we will use reasonable endeavors to return it to you, although we reserve the right to charge you in advance for any reasonable postal or courier costs.
- We may dispose of any unclaimed property after four (4) weeks.
COMPLAINTS AND COMPLIMENTS
- Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay.
- However, if you have any problem or cause for complaint, you must contact us immediately to give us the chance to resolve it. We accept no liability after you have completed your holiday.
- We live close by, and will do our absolute best to resolve any problem no matter how large or small.
- If you like what we do and you have had a wonderful holiday please take time to review us on Trip Advisor and please let your friends and family know all about Pine Chalets. If they book and mention your name at the time of booking, we will be delighted to send you a small referral gift as a thank you.
THE SCOTTISH GOVERNMENT – SHORT TERM LET LICENCE 2022
From October 1st 2022 Scottish law around Short-Term Lets and Holiday Lets changed. All holiday accommodations in Scotland require a licence issued by their local authority to operate. As it will take several months for all accommodations to acquire their licence, businesses like ourselves who have been trading previous to October 2022 (November 1998 in our case) can continue to operate while their application is in progress.