(For our Covid-19 payment and refund Terms and Conditions please see further down this document)
The Contract for a short-term holiday rental will be between Pine Chalets (referred to as “us”, “we” or “our”) and the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party (referred to as “you” or “your”) in the following booking terms and conditions
The Contract will not come into force until we have received the Deposit referred to in the Clause below. The Contract will be subject to these booking terms and conditions, and must be complied with. The party leader must be at least 25 years of age at the time of booking and prior to arrival we must be provided with a full list containing the names and ages and contact details of all guests.
DEPOSIT AND PAYMENT
- A deposit of £100.00 is required to secure a booking and the balance is due not less than 42 days prior to arrival.
- Where the booking is made less than 42 days before arrival, the full amount of the holiday is payable.
- Your booking may be placed over the telephone or directly on our website reservation system.
- Where your Booking is communicated to us by telephone, we will enter it onto our online reservation system and card payment details can be taken. You will then be sent a full confirmation of your booking with us, either by email or a printed copy via Royal Mail.
- Where your booking is taken directly via our website an automatically generated summary will be sent by email to the email address you provide. (However, that does not mean that your Booking is yet confirmed or that a Contract is yet in force between us and you.)
- Your online booking will only be confirmed and our Contract will only come into force once we have received a payment, and a further email confirming your payment and booking summary with future balance payment links (if required) has been received by you from us.
- Bookings made through our online booking system are provisional until confirmed by us.
- If paying by bank transfer, the appropriate amount must be paid within three (3) days of the booking being placed or the dates will be released and made available to others. Guests should advise us when a bank transfer has been made.
- A balance due reminder will be sent to the email address you provided at the time of booking approximately Fifty (50) days prior to your holiday commencement date with a copy of your booking summary and a link for payment.
- It is ultimately your responsibility to pay the balance forty-two (42) days prior to arrival as agreed.
- We accept no liability in reminding you when payment is due.
CANCELLATION BY US FOR REASONS BEYOND OUR CONTROL (“FORCE MAJEURE”)
We won’t be deemed to be in breach of this Contract, or otherwise liable to you, by circumstances beyond our reasonable control (for example if access to and use of our property is prevented by fire, flood, exceptional weather conditions, destruction/damage, internet or other communications failure, blocked roads, war/terrorism, nuclear/radioactive disaster affecting us or our property) (these are sometimes referred to as “Force Majeure Events”)
If for any reason beyond our control we are forced to cancel your Booking (or bring it to an end early) due to a Force Majeure Event affecting us or our property we will refund you the full amount of your remaining lodging costs based on the time of your booking remaining. This will be the full extent of our liability and no additional compensation, expenses or costs (such as travel or replacement lodging costs) will be payable.
Cancellations made by guests
- All cancellations must be given in writing via email or letter via Royal Mail.
- If a booking is cancelled when only a deposit has been received, there will be no refund. However, if we can re-let the property the deposit will be refunded minus an administration fee of £30.00.
- If a booking is cancelled and payment has been received in full, we will endeavour to re-let. If it is re-let, we will refund you in full minus a £30.00 administration and re-marketing fee.
- If we are unable to re-let there will be no refund.
PERIOD AND OTHER TERMS OF HIRE
- The period from the Holiday Commencement Date to the day of departure set out in the Booking (the “Holiday Departure Date”) is the “Holiday Period”.
- Unless arranged in advance in writing, you should not arrive before 4pm on the Holiday Commencement Date, and you must leave and vacate the property by 10am on the Holiday Departure Date.
- The Contract to stay in the property for the holiday period, does not create the relationship of Landlord and Tenant between the parties. Guests undertake to use the holiday property solely for its purpose as holiday accommodation to which Section 12(2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply.
- This Contract relates to a “holiday let” the purpose of which is the right for you to occupy our property for a holiday on the booking dates only.
- Any persons other than members of your party stated on your booking form must not use our accommodation or facilities without prior permission.
- You may not sub-let the property.
- We reserve the right to refuse admittance or require you to leave our property if this condition is not observed. Under these circumstances your booking will be void without refund.
CARE OF THE PROPERTY
- You are responsible for the property and are expected to take all reasonable care of its furniture and fittings and effects.
- You must leave them in the same state of repair, and in a reasonable clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period.
- You must not use the properties for any dangerous, offensive, noxious, noisy, illegal or immoral activities or carry on there any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to the owner or other neighbouring properties.
- Smoking is not allowed in any of our properties. An additional cleaning fee of £200 is payable to eliminate smoking odours. In serious cases the guest will be liable for the next guests’ tariff if we deem the chalet inhabitable for incoming guests.
- BBQs are not permitted on the decking/verandas. Please use the concrete picnic area or the fabulous BBQ hut.
- Fireworks and night Lanterns are strictly banned from the premises due to livestock and wildlife welfare.
DAMAGES & BREAKAGES
- You are legally bound to reimburse us for replacement, repair or extra cleaning costs on demand.
- Any damages or breakages will have to be paid for in full on demand within seven (7) days of notification in writing.
- This applies to larger items such as furniture, fittings, electrical equipment/appliances or chalet structure (we do not charge you for the odd glass or plate).
- We recommend that you have appropriate insurance in place to cover this.
WIFI & INTERNET
- Free superfast, reliable Wi-Fi and broadband internet is provided for your use.
- You agree to reasonable and lawful usage of this service.
- We will not be liable and no compensation will be payable for slow connections or for any interruptions to or the failure of this service.
RIGHT OF ENTRY
- We shall be allowed the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay.
- However, if you have any problem or cause for complaint, it is essential that you contact us immediately to give us the chance to resolve it. We accept no liability after you have completed your holiday.
- We live close by, and will do our absolute best to resolve any problem no matter how large or small.
- We welcome dogs, cats….in fact any pet with prior permission and when have they been booked in and paid for. (£25 per pet, per booking/per chalet). We allow a maximum of two per property depending on their size.
- Dogs and cats and any other free roaming pet must be house-trained, kept under proper control and not allowed on the furniture, (especially the beds)
- They can be left in the chalet with prior permission, providing that they are happy to be left alone somewhere new, not making a noise and will not damage the property. .
- Pet hairs are to be removed from carpets (Hoover and broom in hall cupboard)
- All waste must be collected and disposed of in the bin immediately.
- Owners will be held responsible for any damage caused to the property, contents (We accept no liability for visible cables etc) or garden by their pet and for any extra cleaning required (usually at least £50).
- When out walking within the property grounds, you must ensure that they are kept under control.
- Pets are not allowed in the BBQ hut.
- We can recommend day kennels locally, who can look after your dog safely in the Summer days when cars can become extremely hot. It is recommended that they are booked in well in advance.
CARE OF YOUR PROPERTY
- Your vehicles and their accessories and contents, and any property and valuables you bring with you are entirely at your own risk.
- If you leave any property behind, we will use reasonable endeavours to return it to you, although we reserve the right to charge you in advance for any reasonable postal or courier costs.
- We may dispose of any unclaimed property after four (4) weeks.
COVID – 19
Payment and refund Terms
Until further notice, the following will be our new payment and refund policy replacing our normal Terms and conditions in these areas.
- Deposits will remain £100 to reserve your booking.
- Balances will remain due until 6 weeks or 42 days prior to your holiday date.
Government lock-downs that affects your holiday
- If our area has a lock-down and we are forced to close by the government payments (deposit and balance) will be refunded in full, unless you prefer to defer your payment towards another holiday of your choice (subject to availability).
- If your area has a lock-down and you are not permitted to travel, Payments (deposit and balance) will be refunded minus a £30.00 administration fee, unless you prefer to defer your payment towards another holiday of your choice (subject to availability).
- We will refund or defer your holiday, pro-rata if guests can not complete their stay due to government implementing an immediate lockdown during your stay.
Guest cancellations due to Covid-19
- Payments (deposit and balance) will be refunded in full minus a £30.00 administration fee, unless you prefer to defer your payment towards another holiday of your choice (subject to availability).
- Proof of the circumstances will be required.
- Although we are happy to honour these Terms, there are holiday insurance companies who are providing Covid-19 cover. It is recommended that guests look into this, to support us all in these stressful times.
If a guest presents themselves with symptoms or Covid-19 whilst staying –
- According to guidelines, if a guest develops symptoms, they should immediately book a test through NHS Inform or, if they can’t get online by phoning 0800 028 2816.
- Guests must inform us immediately, as we have protocols to follow, which will effect other guests staying on the park.
- In accordance with Test and Protect, people with symptoms are required to self-isolate for at least 7 days, and everyone in their household should isolate for 14 days.
- If the test is negative, everyone can end isolation.
- If the test is positive, everyone should continue to isolate, and the NHS Test and Protect team will be in touch to start contact tracing. Those contacted will be required to self-isolate for at least 14 days.
- If guests who are isolating can travel home safely to isolate, avoiding the use of public transport, they should do this.
- In the event that this is not possible, the guest should discuss this with the NHS Test and Protect team.
- Please do note that if you for whatever reason stay at Pine Chalets while isolating, the guest will be liable to pay for a lengthened stay as we shall have to cancel subsequent bookings.
- No refunds or decrease in rental will be given for reduced stays